What is Premier Soccer?
Year-round, Highly Competitive, RCL
Trained under professional, licensed coaches, with experience ranging from club soccer in England to MLS Youth Academies, the player looking to develop and play at the highest competitive level in WA State plays Premier soccer. These players must go through tryouts to identify their talent and ability.
Premier plays in the Regional Club League (RCL) which spans a large playing area throughout WA State.
Coaches typically have both a playing background and are certified to coach by US Soccer. We seek out coaches for our Premier program that can successfully coach youth soccer players who are looking to play at the highest levels of competition and can develop the passion and fun of playing youth soccer at a Premier level.
- U10 (7 aside) (with maximum of 11 players on a roster)
- U11/U12 (9 aside) (with maximum of 14 players on a roster)
- U13 and above (11 aside) (with maximum of 18 players on a roster)
Junior RCL is a modified RCL program that also runs year round but is aimed at player development for U8 and U9 boys and girls. Participation is limited regionally.
- U8 (4 aside) (with maximum of 8 players on a roster)
- U9 (7 aside) (with maximum of 11 players on a roster)
Typical Premier Season
Players train 2-3 nights a week and often have additional, supplemental training available once a week.
The Premier season runs year-round, outlined as follows:
- Registration for tryouts opens in April. (See Age Group Chart.)
- Coaches identify team players within the week of tryouts.
- Players register for teams and practices begin thereafter.
- The season runs a full year.
- Teams play 3-4 weekend tournaments throughout the summer.
- Fall season games begin after Labor Day and run through December.
- Winter season games begin early January and run through mid-March.
The Junior RCL season runs year-round, outlined as follows:
- Enrollment is open throughout the year, pending coaching evaluation. (See Age Group Chart.)
- The season runs a full year, May through April.
- 10 fall season games.
- 8 spring games.