What is Recreational Soccer?
Seasonal, SSUL League (Transition from FWFC MOD at U13)
Recreational players are typically youth in the community that love to play soccer, but also love to play other sports or have a full slate of activities outside of soccer. Players U11 move from interclub play of MOD soccer to the South Sound United League (SSUL) where they play teams along the I-5 corridor, from West Seattle to Olympia, and can play through U19. As members of FWFC they will have the ability to do club programming to hone their soccer skills as time allows.
We seek out coaches for our Recreational program that can coach youth soccer players that are looking to grow and enjoy the game of soccer on a seasonal basis. Most FWFC Recreational Coaches have played soccer and began coaching in the Federal Way Mod Soccer ranks. They have grown through experience and training into strong coaches for FWFC.
- U13 and above (11 aside) (with maximum of 18 players on a roster)
Typical Recreational Season
Players train 1-2 nights a week and are offered supplemental training at the start of the season.
The Recreational season runs in the spring and fall, outlined as follows:
- Registration begins in February.
- Teams typically begin practice mid-March.
- Interclub games begin early April.
- The season runs approximately 6-8 weeks.
- Fall teams
- Registration begins in May.
- Teams formed at the end of July.
- Teams typically begin practice mid-August.
- League games begin after Labor Day.
- The season runs approximately 10-12 weeks.
How do I join a recreational team?
Registration information can be found under the registration header above.