What is FWFC Select Soccer?
Year Round, Mid-Level Competitive, SSUL
The player looking for seasonal, mid-level competition in WA State plays Select soccer. It can also provide players who are not as far along in development, but aspire to play highly competitive soccer the ability to train more frequently with higher expectations than Recreational players. FWFC Select will provide pathways for the player to develop and advance to Premier if that is their goal. These players must go through tryouts to identify their talent and ability.
Select plays within the South Sound United League (SSUL) and along the I-5 corridor, from West Seattle to Olympia.
Select coaches go through an application process and provide training at a higher level than the typical Recreational coach. Most have played soccer and began coaching in the Federal Way Mod Soccer ranks. They have grown through experience and training into strong coaches for FWFC and are required to attend supplemental training.
- U12 (9 aside) (with maximum of 14 players on a roster)
- U13 and above (11 aside) (with maximum of 18 players on a roster)
Typical FWFC Select Season
Players train 2 nights a week.
The Select season runs in the fall and winter, outlined as follows:
- Registration for tryouts opens in April. (See Age Group Chart.)
- Coaches identify team players within the week of tryouts.
- Players register for teams and practices begin mid-August.
- League fall games begin after Labor Day and run through late November.
- The fall season runs approximately 16-20 weeks.
- League winter games begin early January and run through mid-March.
- The winter season runs approximately 10-12 weeks.
How Do I Join a FWFC Select Team?
Joining FWFC Select is by invitation only, either through the tryout process or directly from a Select/Premier Coach. Check to see if tryouts are happening now!
If you are new to the area and would like to request a trial period with one of our FWFC Premier teams, please contact our Director of Coaching.